My Latest Fiber Obsession


I had a major score at the thrift store a few weeks ago, and its really been motivating me to finish some works in progress so I can start a new project(s).  I will say the book is a lot more knitting theory, than easy to follow tutorial, but if you've ever read any of Elizabeth Zimmermann's other books that you know that's par for the course.  "Knit One Knit All" was published after Zimmermann's death and includes projects she had been saving for a book on garter stitch.  Let me tell you I am OBSESSED with knitting garter, and was so pleased that Elizabeth was equally in love with the texture it creates.  Anyway more pictures from the book if you keep scrolling down.  All of her designs are so brilliant, almost sculptural in her interpretation of garment construction.  The last pages of the book are actual images of garments she knit.  Amazing.  I'm curious dear internet, has anyone out there knit anything from this book before?  Or have it hanging around their bookshelves?

Fold-over mittens seamed up the middle!!!!!

Matching sweater jackets, and look at that elbow shaping!  Brillant!
(Also cutest couple, EVER!)

I want to knit them ALL!!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts