Surprises are popping up everywhere!

These little babies were found on one of our walks.  I am amazed every year how many more city dwellers devote more and more of their tiny yards to edibles.  This is the second year that I have been watching this cherry tree develop, and every year it gets bigger, the cherries more plentiful, in fact it kind of reminds me of christmas in a way.  In fact this is only what I can see of their yard from the ally behind their fence, but I often refer to this as one of my favorite gardens because near this cherry tree are these...

And these.....
Gooseberries mixed with black raspberries, and a tangle of wild rose to boot, all crammed next to a garage.  I like to imagine what lies behind the fence, I hope that it is just as wild and brambly, I like to think that the city has a few wild spaces left.



Comments

Popular Posts